Disney World Day 2 Part 2 The Resort & The Boardwalk

After our morning at Hollywood studios it was time to head back to Port Orleans River side for a spot of lunch & a little R&R before heading over to the Boardwalk for an evening meal & a look around the resort.

On arrival back at Port Orleans we decided to have lunch at the riverside Mill quick service on site. It was 1:00pm & our reservation at the Flying Fish on the Boardwalk was for 08:00p. So we had plenty of time to eat & relax before getting ready to go to the Boardwalk.

We both decided to have sandwiches for our lunch.

I had the pulled pork & Chips, Mandy had the beef melt & Coleslaw.

Both sandwiches were made fresh in front of us.

For a quick service meal they were really tasty & we both enjoyed what we had.

We finished our lunch & headed back to our room.

As we had a little time on our hand we decided to explore the resort a little & look around the other guest areas. The temperature was in the low 90's & we took a leisurely walk around the resort.

It was the perfect thing to do & walk off our lunch at the same time.

We walked around for about an hour doing what holiday makers do & that's pulling the camera out & taking a few photos around the site.

We were surprised at the size of the resort.

It probably took us just over an hour to walk around & take in the different types of buildings.

It was now getting on for 3.00pm so we headed back to our room to get ready for our trip to the Boardwalk & the flying fish for dinner.

At 05:30 we headed to the east bus depot at Port Orleans to catch a bus to Epcot.

There are no direct Buses from Port Orleans to the Boardwalk, so we decided to get to Epcot & walk to the international gateway at World showcase to catch a launch to the Boardwalk.

Our reservation was for 08:00pm, so we gave our self's 2.5hrs to get there.

The bus came at 05:35pm & by 06:05pm we were walking through the Main entrance at Epcot.

Once through the front entrance we headed on over to World Showcase for a little walk around as we had plenty of time to spare.

After exploring a few of the shops we headed to the international gateway & a boat ride to the Boardwalk.

Once at the boardwalk we checked the time, we had about half an hour before our reservation. So we explored the Boardwalk a little.

At 08:00pm we checked in to the Flying fish & was shown to our table within 5 minutes.

Our sever was Erica who was awesome.

She took our drinks orders then brought us glasses of water.

Unfortunately for me I hit my glass of Water off the table & onto the tiled floor.

The sound was loud & the place went quiet. At this point I just wanted the floor to open up & swallow me. But before I knew it Erica was at the table with 2 other servers & the mess was cleared & a new glass of water was on the table.

Erica even offered to take us to another Table, but we were happy where we were seated. To the one side was a large glass cabinet filled with different wines from around the World.

Once the mess I had caused was cleaned up the drinks we had ordered turned up.

I had a beer called the Big Wave draft.

Mandy had a flight of 3 different wines.

Now it was time to order our mains.

We had already decided we were not going to have a starter before we got to the Flying Fish.


Many ordered first & had Wagyu filet mignon fingerling potatos asparagus rainbow carrots borderlaise sauce.

For me I love seafood, & before coming out here on this trip I had seen a review by the DIS on the Flying fish.

Craig Williams of the DIS recommended the Oak grilled Octopus.

So I ordered the Wood Fired Spanish Octopus Chilean sea bass key west shrimp bomba arroz Peruvian sweet peppers potato & a beure blanc.

Mandy is not a lover of seafood & some times eats with her eyes rather than taste.

But on this instance after I said how delicious it was she tried a bit.

Surprisingly she loved the flavour but still was not keen on the look of the tentacle & the suckers.

But we both agreed the mains were delicious & we were now looking forward to choosing our deserts.

All the time we were there our server Erica was regularly checking on us & asking if there was anything else she could get us.

Now it was time for Desert.

Mandy ordered the Cherries peaches & sea shells mascarpone cream Georgia peaches cherries hibiscus meringue rye bourbon caramel.

It looked like a painting on a plate.

The desert looked delicious & Mandy was more than happy with her choice of desert.

Now it was time for me to order my desert.

I went with the Under the sea Valrhona manjari chocolate, chocolate coral sponge, pistachio sand dehydrated milk foam & a tasting of 3 salts.

Again another picture on a plate.

We did what we always do & tried each others deserts.

Both were really delicious & we both thought they ere equally delicious.

Once we had finished our deserts & drinks we decided to take a walk along the Boardwalk.

We were surprised at how busy the place was & the amount of entertainers there was along the Boardwalk.

Time was now getting on & we both decided to have a final nightcap before heading back to our resort.

There is a bar at the Boardwalk we both were looking forward to trying.

It's called the ABRACADABAR & is themed around magicians.

Here you can get different cocktails & drinks.

The inside has some curious items that has been used over the years in different magic acts.

We loved it in there & both of us ordered a different cocktail.

I ordered the Hoodunnits Punch & Mandy Ordered the Coney Negroni.

They were both really nice Cocktails but very strong. Fortunately we both asked for water & used a little to water down the cocktails.

Both of us felt really comfortable in the Abracadabar & we decided before we left that we were going to visit this place again before we went home


Once we had finished our Drinks we decided to call it a night & head back to our resort.

Now when we arrived earlier in the evening we caught the Bus to Epcot, now though it was 10:45pm & Epcot was closed. So we had to find a different way back to our resort.

Fortunately the Boardwalk does transport to Disney Springs.

We managed to get a Bus at 11:00pm got to Disney Springs Bus depot just as a Port Orleans Bus was pulling in.

We jumped on it & got back to our room by 11:55pm.

And that's day 2 of our Vacation over.

Day 3 will find us at Animal Kingdom.

#Boardwalk #DisneysportorleansFrenchquarter #portorleansriverside #food #Flyingfish #Riversidemill #disneyworld

You Might Also Like:
Port-Orleans-Resort-34 (2)
mamma melrose deserts
entrance to disney studios mgm
About Me

My Name is Roy Lancaster & I live in a small welsh village in the South Wales Valleys. My-self, wife, Sister in-law & her husband love taking the family to Florida each year.


Search by Tags
No tags yet.

Any content on this website is in no way approved, endorsed by or reflective of The Walt Disney Company's operations, opinions, processes or business decisions. This website is designed to provide helpful information and advice based on Roy Lancaster's experience's and opinion's only. All opinions are that of Roy Lancaster and not those of The Walt Disney Company.

© 2023 by Going Places. Proudly created with Wix.com